• It is the first home match for NOVARA in the 2018 CEV Volleyball Champions League.
• Igor Gorgonzola NOVARA and Agel PROSTEJOV are crossing swords for the first time in their history.
• While playing for Pomì CASALMAGGIORE, Massimo Barbolini and Francesca Piccinini played PROSTEJOV two years ago in the CL – with the Italian side winning two matches out of two.
• It is the second participation of Igor Gorgonzola NOVARA in Europe’s elite competition – and so far they have won only once at home.
• Agel PROSTEJOV have lost both of their matches in Pool B so far – 1-3 to Fenerbahce SK ISTANBUL and 1-3 to Imoco Volley CONEGLIANO in Italy.
Francesca Piccinini, player of Igor Gorgonzola NOVARA: “We know this is a crucial match for us. We need a good result and we have been working hard to be ready for this fight. Our goal is to secure a spot in the Playoff phase and therefore we must do our best in every single game.”
Miroslav Cada, coach of Agel PROSTEJOV: “We will need to do our best if we want to be competitive against such a great team as NOVARA. We want to create difficulties to our opponent, and we must serve well and defend as much as we can for that to happen.”