• Paola Egonu was the best scorer of the game with 17 points. She scored 15 in the first two sets and just two in the last two sets.
• Igor Gorgonzola NOVARA made the difference with the blocking points: the Italian girls scored 16 stuffs, while the Czech teams had just three blocks.
• Agel PROSTEJOV lost the third game in a row with the same result (1-3).
• Igor Gorgonzola NOVARA won their second game in the CEV Volleyball Champions League to claim second place in the current standing of Pool B.
• In the fourth and last set, NOVARA came back from 4-6 to 15-6 with a terrific 11-0 break while Stephanie Enright was serving.
Lauren Gibbemeyer, player of Igor Gorgonzola NOVARA: “We did really a good game and when we play like this, it is really hard for everyone to beat us. Congratulations also to our opponents: they did not give up when losing 2-0 and I am sure they will not give up even in the next game. We want to secure a spot in the Playoff phase: to achieve that, we need to win all the remaining games.”
Kathleen Weiss, player of Agel PROSTEJOV: “We still miss something to compete against such great teams like Igor Gorgonzola NOVARA or our other pool opponents. We can be happy that we won one set, like we already did against Fenerbahce SK ISTANBUL and Imoco Volley CONEGLIANO, but we need to improve if we want to score more points.”
Igor Volley Novara – Agel Prostejov 3-1 (25-12, 25-13, 22-25, 25-14)
Igor Volley Novara: Vasilantonaki, Camera ne, Plak 16, Gibbemeyer 13, Enright 14, Skorupa, Bonifacio ne, Chirichella 11, Sansonna (L), Piccinini, Zannoni, Egonu 17. All. Barbolini.
Agel Prostejov: Kossanyiova 11, Horka 15, Trnkova, Weiss, Tomasekova 1, Herelova 7, Weidenthalerova ne, Kovarova (L), Nova, Zatloukalova, Slavikova, Emonts Weihenmaier 13. All. Cada.